Instructional Designer – Compliance/HR eLearning
Traliant is an award-winning online training company that has been ranked at #13 on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500. In a little over four years, we have experienced tremendous growth adding over 4,000 customers, including Hilton Worldwide, PepsiCo, LA Fitness, Cedars-Sinai, Alcoa and more.
Since the demand for our training has soared, we have an immediate need to expand our Content Development team. In this creative role, you will develop first-class content for HR, Legal and Higher Ed Compliance training. Reporting to the Senior Director of eLearning Development, you will work collaboratively with the content development and production teams. You will research, write, and edit eLearning content and work with subject matter experts to gain critical knowledge. You will write engaging scripts, select graphics, and review the final product to ensure we are elevating the learning experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hyper-growth company with an award-winning product and an awesome team.
- Design interactive online HR and Compliance training courses by creating engaging course Storyboards
- Create relatable video scenarios drawn from experience and current events to illustrate key lessons
- Be a storyteller, writing audio narration and slide content in a digestible, conversation, and professional tone
- Collaborate with course developers to design new interactions and leverage tools to create effective and engaging learning experience
- Design new interactions for courses and select images for slide content
- Assist in casting of actors for training videos
- Collaborate directly with video producer on scheduling, casting, and video scripts
- Research content on various HR and Compliance topics for course content and site content sources in Storyboards
- Collaborate with external subject matter experts and lawyers as needed for various training products
- Review online courses after they are built and provide edits to developers
- Collaborate closely eLearning developers who build the online training course
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers
- Review current courses and make updates based on regulatory changes, maintenance updates, etc.
- Organize training content.
Skills and Experience Required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in instructional design and/or content development experience
- Experience with HR or Compliance topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, writing, HR, or a relevant field
- Knowledge of the various instructional design methodologies such as ADDIE/SAM
- Knowledge of adult learning theory
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with ethics and compliance topics and strategies
- Familiarity with the SCORM standard and eLearning development
- Creativity and flair for design of interesting and engaging training content
- Strong team player with track record of cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to transform boring compliance content into engaging, interactive, positively impactful, and fully customizable compliance training.
Required Human Attributes
- A natural curiosity that results in continually finding better, simpler, and more effective ways to build competition-crushing eLearning courses
- A willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment
- Flexibility, resilience, and a can-do attitude
This is a remote position; you will be working from your home office.
Traliant is an award-winning compliance training company that develops broadcast-quality, highly customizable training for HR and compliance professionals. Our primary courses are, Preventing Discrimination and Harassment, which helps organizations comply with federal and state anti-discrimination laws, and Code of Conduct, which is tailored to each client’s specific requirements. Founded in 2016, we now have almost 3,000 clients including some of the most respected organizations in the country.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company