Sales Director – West Coast
We’re looking for a high-energy, motivated Sales Director to join our successful Sales group and lead a team of experienced selling professionals. The ideal candidate will be based on the West Coast and have a track record of success in leading and coaching technology sales teams. We are a young company that has experienced tremendous growth. In three years we have added over 1,600 customers, including organizations such as Hilton Worldwide, Panera Bread, US Congress, Amway, Waste Management, Citizens Bank, and LA Fitness. This growth has led to a significant expansion of our sales team and the need for an experienced West Coast sales leader. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
This position requires an extremely positive approach and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment. Our Marketing team generates an abundance of leads for our field sales team and we close over 100 new business deals per month. Organizational and motivational skills will be pivotal to success.
Experience managing compliance training or eLearning sales teams preferred but not required. This position will be primarily a remote role, working from a home office.
- Manage and lead a team of up to 5-6 field sales reps working from remote home offices throughout the Western Region.
- Create a culture of performance, efficiency and focus within your sales team, by outlining and sticking to best practices and processes that work effectively to get the most out of the team.
- Enable and ensure strong and disciplined approach to sales; driving adherence to sales process yet encouraging creativity, promote usage and utilization of tools and technology, developing best in class capabilities around the entire lead to close process.
- Support and coach reps daily in lead qualification, deal management and closing activities.
- Deliver timely and accurate pipeline information and forecast to VP of Sales; providing detailed analysis of sales team effectiveness and proactively owning solutions and improvements to efficient and effective sales.
- Partner closely with marketing to ensure the most effective demand generation programs, playbooks, sales enablement are all in effect to drive sales performance.
- Build out and take ownership of all tools and technologies to support sales effectiveness working closely with our Sales Operations team around Salesforce.com and other tools.
- Be a leader of “A” players; hire, enable, coach, train and trim your team so they are a high performing machine, who LOVE coming to work, LOVE our customers and know what it means to win.
- Be a customer advocate; while the number is always important, you have to know what it means to put our customer first and ensure their success. Our commitment and vision as a company is to our customers first and being a sales leader who can role model that commitment, is critical to us.
- 10 years in sales, with ideally at minimum 5 years as a Field Sales Rep
- 5 years as a Sales Leader of field reps
- Extensive experience selling SaaS solutions into multiple verticals as well as small, medium, and enterprise organizations
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding quotas, building teams and developing incredibly successful sales professionals
- Demonstrated success in both short- and long-term sales cycles
- Strong capabilities in salesforce.com; the ability to use dashboards and reports to manage your business and monitor rep activity to identify areas of improvement
- Ability to establish strong team relationships, both with your sales reps and with senior management
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Traliant is a compliance training company that develops broadcast-quality, highly-customizable training for HR professionals. Our primary courses are, Preventing Discrimination and Harassment (which helps organizations comply with federal and state anti-discrimination laws) and Code of Conduct (which is tailored to each client’s specific requirements). With the attention these issues have gotten in the media and our unique approach to addressing harassment and discrimination, our company has exploded acquiring over 1,600 customers in less than 3 years.