Vice President – Content & Product Management
Traliant is an award-winning online training company that is #13 on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 and #22 on the 2021 INC. 5000 California Regional list. In a little over five years, we have experienced tremendous growth adding over 4,000 customers, including Hilton Worldwide, PepsiCo, LA Fitness, Cedars-Sinai, Alcoa and more.
Since the demand for our training has soared, we have an immediate need to bring on a VP, Content & Product Management to drive the success of our content teams. The right candidate will be a proven expert who can envision, shape and drive the overall product strategy and manage a team of writers, designers, instructional designers and content customizers.
As the VP of Content & Product Management, you will be defining our target personas and aligning our market-drive content roadmap with those personas. You will also have overall responsibility for managing the content team and defining each go-to-market offering. You will also oversee the course customization team and support the sales team by working with our largest prospects during pre-sales, to help define their solution, and also during post-sales to ensure projects are successfully completed. Significant client interaction is required to assure alignment between our roadmap and market requirements. This highly visible and strategic position will report to the Chief Learning Officer & Co-Founder while working across multiple departments in addition to the content team including sales, marketing and client services.
- Own the market-driven content roadmap strategy and oversee its implementation
- Ensure that our ability to quickly, comprehensively and cost-effectively customize our courses continues to grow and expand. Understand how and what makes a customization successful.
- Develop and implement a strategy for packaging courses and services into market-facing offerings. Work closely with Marketing on go-to-market plan and execution.
- Collaborate with Finance to analyze and measure the ROI on courses, offerings and customization projects.
- Provide strategic sales support by working with our largest prospects to plan and define their customization requirements on a deal-by-deal basis.
- Plan and manage the socialization of the content offerings internally across sales, business development, customer success and client support.
- Foster a strong product/content team culture that focuses on the importance of continuous improvement and capturing ideas for future product/feature enhancements.
- Manage and mentor the content team on efficiently delivering project goals. Oversee the progression of key projects
- Establish the framework for determining the course roadmap with an eye to balance the long-term growth potential with the near-term ROI.
- Manage the course development and customization budgets
- Manage the entire product life cycle for the content library from definition through updates to retirement
- Engage in won-lost analysis to identify product strengths to be enhanced and gaps to be closed.
- Engage in capacity/workforce planning to align head count with product roadmap and course customization requirements
- Stay in touch with market and customer/prospect trends to ensure Traliant remains a market-driven organization.
- Recommend and explore allied markets for Traliant to enter. (Familiarity with Jeff Moore’s Bowling Alley Theory helpful but not required.)
- Provide strategic direction to the LMS development team to align content roadmap with LMS feature roadmap
- Define, develop and act upon periodic KPI’s that measure the ROI of the content group.
- Proven Product Management experience in a leadership role
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in product management
- Demonstrated ability to manage, mentor and develop a high performing geographically dispersed team and celebrate their success
- Outstanding analysis skills (of both product requirements and the competition)
- Ability to speak with knowledge and confidence to senior HR and legal staff at F1000 companies
- Familiarity with Instructional Design principles and the eLearning course creation processes
- Demonstrated experience and an overall understanding of relevant state and federal laws and regulations in the realms of discrimination, harassment, ethics & compliance
- Experience managing eLearning translations and familiarity with WCAG 2.0 compliance helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a relevant field. MBA desired but not required
Required Human Attributes
- A natural curiosity that results in continually finding better, simpler and more effective ways to build competition-crushing eLearning courses
- A willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment
- Flexibility, resilience and a can-do attitude
- Ability to recognize the key attributes that make each project successful and then pursue those to completion.
This is a remote position; you will be working from your home office.
Traliant was founded by industry veterans from some of the world’s most successful compliance training companies to meet the challenge of transforming compliance training from boring to brilliant. Traliant delivers modern, bite-sized training on an eLearning platform that enables fast and easy customization.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a hyper-growth company with an award-winning product and an awesome team.