In today’s increasingly complex workplace, managers must navigate a wide range of policies, procedures, laws and regulations that govern their everyday activities. From interviewing and hiring to complying with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), managers need to know how to respond appropriately and avoid actions that may lead to compliance violations and costly claims.
Providing regular training on the basics of common workplace laws is an important step in ensuring managers understand their responsibility to comply with these laws and create and maintain a culture of ethics and compliance.
Online Employment Law Essentials for Managers Training
Employment Law Essentials for Managers is a 30-minute, interactive training course to equip managers with a basic understanding of how key workplace laws relate to their job responsibilities. The course is appropriate for managers at any level — those new to management or the organization and supervisors who may need a refresher course.
Topics are presented in a modern, engaging format comprising 6 episodes: Interviewing and Hiring, Wage and Hour Laws, Preventing Retaliation, FMLA Basics, Handling Harassment Complaints and Reasonable Accommodations.
The course features a host video, news stories and viewer email and Twitter Q&A segments. A variety of interactions, quizzes and assessments challenge managers to respond appropriately to different situations involving workplace laws, spot issues and know when to seek guidance. A course-completion certificate is included.
Employment Law Essentials for Managers features interactive episodes covering:
- Interviewing and Hiring: handling hiring-related responsibilities fairly and legally
- Wage and Hour Laws: understanding how the Fair Labor Standards Act and state laws apply
- Preventing Retaliation: preventing retaliation against employees who file complaints
- Family and Medical Leave Act: understanding the different types of FMLA requests
- Handling Harassment Complaints: responding to complaints promptly and appropriately
- Reasonable Accommodations: recognizing and responding to requests for disability or religious accommodations
The Traliant Difference
Traliant creates modern, interactive compliance training designed for today’s diverse, mobile workforce. Employment Law Essentials for Managers provides managers and supervisors with a basic understanding of the key workplace laws that govern their everyday activities.
Experience Traliant Today!
For a free trial of Traliant’s Employment Law Essentials for Managers, please complete this form: