Traliant is the controller of information collected through this website, and certain other information. Traliant’s mailing address is: 169 Madison Ave., #2429, New York, NY 10016; telephone number is: (929) 226-7591; email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Collection and Use
- Retention of Personal Information
- Sale & Sharing of Personal Information
- Notification of Changes
- Children’s Online Privacy
- Your Privacy Choices
- Contact Us
Information Collection and Use
Identifiers: Registration & Contact Information
Traliant provides online training to employee-users of our company customers. We contract with the companies to provide this service, and we will not use the PI collected from the employee-users in a way different than contracted for. We are not controllers of this PI.
In order to use a training program on our site, employee-users must first complete a registration form, which requires them to provide their contact information, including their names and email addresses at a minimum. Depending on what our company customers need for human-resource management and verification and select for their purposes, we may also collect employee numbers, titles, roles, departments, divisions, groups and/or work telephone numbers and extensions, and email addresses, as well as information regarding the use of a training program. This information is used only to track users’ progress on the program or programs for which they registered and to report that information to their employers. We do not collect sensitive personal information such as location information (GPS), racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. We also do not collect any financial sensitive information regarding users, such as account information, salary information, or social security numbers.
We also collect certain information from our company customers’ account representatives. This includes account representatives’ name, email address, and payment information for the purposes of third-party payment processing.
Electronic Information, Including Cookies & Tracking Technologies
Website Visitor Logs
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any PI you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
Social Media (Features) and Widgets
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to the other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you want your testimonial removed or be updated, please contact us at email@example.com.
Retention of Personal Information
We will not retain your information for longer than required. This means that we will keep your PI for any or a combination of time periods described as follows: (i) for as long as required by law, (ii) until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it, (iii) until you request us to stop using it, or (iv) for so long as our customer for which you are an authorized user remains a customer. For instance, in the state of California, training conducted to comply with the requirements of AB 1825 will be retained in accordance with the requirement of that statute.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We share certain of the aforementioned Personal Information with:
- Company customers. to verify employee-users’ progress on the training programs. This information includes training program progress, test scores, and program analytics, including metrics on performance and use.
- Service Providers. We may provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. This may include any of the categories provided above.
- Entities involved in corporate transactions. We may disclose your Personal Information if Traliant is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information. This may include any of the categories provided above.
Supplementation of Information
We do not supplement the information we receive from users with information from third-party sources, such as by purchasing information from data brokers.
Traliant’s website contains links to other sites, but Traliant is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every other site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by Traliant.
Traliant takes every precaution to protect user information both online and offline. All such user information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer-service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers that we store user information on are kept in a secure environment.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our website, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will notify our company customers if and when user information is to be collected by any outside parties. We do this so employee-users can make an informed choice as to whether or not they should proceed with services that require an outside party.
We occasionally send our company customers newsletters or other promotional communications. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Notification of Changes
If we are going to use your PI in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection, we will notify you via e-mail prior to the change becoming effective. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice, we will also e-mail users who have opted to receive communications from us to notify them of the changes in our privacy practices.
Children’s Online Privacy
We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of our website visitors, including children. This site is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child’s information, please contact our site as provided below under CONTACT US and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
Your Privacy Choices
Depending on where you are located, such as for residents of California, you may have the following privacy choices available to you in regard to your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. For example, you may have the right—subject to exceptions and other applicable law—to:
1. Transparency. If we collect Personal Information subject to the applicable privacy laws, we have a responsibility to provide you with notice regarding the categories of Personal Information to be collected, the purposes for which the categories of Personal Information are collected or used, whether that information is sold or shared, and the length of time we intend to retain each category of Personal Information, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period, among other information.
2. Access the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business purpose for collecting the Personal Information, and the categories of third parties with whom Traliant shares Personal Information.
3. Limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information.However, this right is not applicable, since Traliant does not collect or process sensitive personal information
4. Correct inaccurate or obsolete Personal Information that Traliant may maintain.
5. Delete the Personal Information under certain circumstances.
6. Opt-out of the sale or sharing of Personal Information. You may have the right to opt out of the transfer of Personal Information to third parties for valuable consideration or cross-contextual behavioral advertising purposes. As described above, you may execute this right by clicking on our Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information link on our homepage, or you may set a Global Privacy Control signal.
Traliant will not discriminate against you on the basis of your exercising any of your rights afforded by applicable privacy laws, which may further be in accordance with your rights under the law.
To request access to your Personal Information, or correct or delete your Personal Information, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify in your request what Personal Information you would like to access, correct, or delete.
We will first acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days after receipt. We will provide a substantive response to your request within 45 calendar days after its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days or the permitted timeframe), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Only you or an authorized agent (as described below) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
- How to Authorize an Agent. You may designate an authorized agent to submit your verified consumer request on your behalf, only if the authorized agent has your written permission to do so and you have taken steps to verify your identity directly with us.
- How We Verify Your Request. To respond to your request, we must verify your identity or the authority of your authorized agent. We will only use the Personal Information provided to us in that context to verify your identity or the authority of your authorized agent to make the request. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. To allow us to verify your request, we will require that you provide at least two pieces of Personal Information, including your email address and phone number, that we already have in our possession. We will verify your consumer request by comparing the information you provide to information already in our possession, and take additional steps to minimize the risk of fraud.
Data Protection – General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are subject to the EU GDPR or the UK GDPR and have appointed Traliant as a data processor to provide services to you, Traliant’s obligations in relation to processing your Personal Information on your behalf are as set out in the Data Processing Agreement between the parties.
Inquiries and Complaints
If you have any inquiries or complaints about our use of your PI, please let us know. You can contact us at any time via the CONTACT US section below, and we will take reasonable steps to investigate the complaint and respond to you.
You can also contact your national data protection supervisory authority in order to lodge a complaint against us.
The materials on this website and in our online training programs have been prepared by Traliant for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be and should not be considered legal advice.
Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.
The information contained in this website is provided only as general information that may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. This information is not intended to constitute legal advice or to substitute for obtaining legal advice from competent, independent, legal counsel in the relevant jurisdiction.
Contact us, as follows.
169 Madison Ave #2429
New York, NY 10016
Effective date: April 18, 2023