Navigating the Data Privacy Landscape
Wednesday, March 13, 2024 @ 2 PM ET
In today’s digital economy, data is increasing in value. Businesses must prioritize data privacy to build and maintain trust with their consumers, employees and stakeholders.
Join John Brushwood, Compliance Counsel at Traliant, for an insightful webinar that delves into the importance of data privacy regulation and its implications for businesses. John will examine the many privacy laws in the US and abroad and how to create privacy culture through an effective privacy program, internal procedures and training.
The 60-minute webinar will cover:
- Processing personal data & privacy risks
- Data privacy principles & subject rights
- Data privacy legal landscape:
- Over 160 countries have comprehensive data privacy laws (GDPR in the EEA)
- 14 US states have a comprehensive data privacy law (CCPA in CA)
- US federal sector specific privacy laws (FCRA, HIPAA, GLBA)
- Financial, legal & reputational penalties for non-compliance
- Impact of artificial intelligence on privacy
- Steps to building an effective privacy program
- Why training employees is important & required by law
About the Speaker
John Brushwood, Compliance Counsel at Traliant, is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Chicago Law School. He has practiced data privacy, cybersecurity and AI governance at various law firms, including Griffin & Griffin in Washington DC.
Traliant combines in-house legal expertise with modern, emotionally engaging course design to redefine compliance, training experiences and services. It helps thousands of interactive organizations create a culture of ethics, inclusion and safety by addressing dozens of critical topics. Traliant’s innovative and interactive approach to learning can be easily customized into affordable and cost-effective solutions for clients to address their industry, branding, policies, risks and job-specific needs.
Traliant currently serves more than 10,000 organizations as the industry’s leading compliance partner and provider of compliance training and services. Backed by PSG, a leading growth equity firm, Traliant is ranked on Inc.’s 2021, 2022 and 2023 lists of 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America and named to Inc.’s 2023 list of Best Workplaces.